Discover the incredible life story of Barack Obama, who became the first African American president of the USA.
This popular biography series from DK goes beyond the basic facts, to share with children the true life stories of history’s most interesting and inspiring people. Young readers can enjoy learning all about Barack Obama, famous for his meteoric rise to the presidency of the most powerful country in the world – the USA.
Follow the story of how Obama realized his dreams – a story of success, resilience, and perseverance, to become one of the most admired leaders the world has ever seen. Discover Barack’s fight against racial and social injustices, hardships and setbacks in his early career, and his personal happiness when marrying Michelle.
Colorful photographs and beautiful hand-drawn illustrations go alongside exciting text to create an engaging book that children will immerse themselves in.
Learn about Barack Obama in this biography for children ages 8+, featuring:
- Obama’s tale chapter by chapter, unveiling not just the facts, but also what he was thinking and feeling in his own words
- 12 narrative chapters, plus full-page quotes and photo galleries scattered throughout the book, keeping reluctant readers engaged
- Full-color photographs and hand-drawn illustrations, along with maps, quotes, and a reference section, a timeline of Barack’s life, a quiz, and a glossary of key terms
- An educational biography that’s part of the collectible Life Stories series
- Part of the fascinating Life Stories biography collection, this series is about amazing people who have shaped our world, that children aged 8 and upwards will enjoy collecting.
Children can learn all about Barack Obama’s remarkable journey, from his unsettled early childhood, through to his struggle to find a meaningful first job as a young man in this gripping true life story to inspire young readers.